Global Android Dev Camp – Saturday Morning
February 18, 2012 Leave a comment
We’ve just kicked off the Dublin round of the Global Android Dev Camp. Here’s a short status update.
We’ve got about 15 people here, ranging from 12 years up. We’ve just had a quick session on what apps people want to do and we’ve settled on the following projects:
- an app for patients needing physiotherapy which can be used to show people their exercises via video and give them notifications to perform their exercises when they need to perform them;
- an app which can be used to take a photo of physical books and add them to an individual’s virtual bookshelf so that people can keep track of their books;
- an app which can determine the rhythm at which people are moving based on accelerometer input;
- an location based Q&A app which can be used to answer questions pertaining to the local area;
- an Android interface to hittheroad.ie;
- an Android interface to allow you to give yourself a ‘socialbug’ for your social network – a socialbug is a badge or ribbon which can be used to indicate a particular status/belief/affiliation and can be displayed on your social network.
We’re getting stuck in to building stuff and we hope to have some stuff to demo by tomorrow eve.
Over to Eclipse…